Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Is Google Experimenting on Ad Title Length

I was just checking the ads for one of my clients and have noticed that few of my competitors ad title is so long than the allotted 25 characters. I have made many searches for other business keywords as well and have noticed that there are few ads with more than 25 characters in the title and 35 characters in description.

Here is one for you, for the keyword "Air Conditioning Contractors"

I have no idea why few ads are appearing with more than 25 characters. When I tried to add more than 25 characters to the ad copy title in ad words interface and ad words editor, none of them accepted.

Later I have tried using Dynamic Keyword Insertion (DKI).
And after sometime I Googled and it was eureka moment, my ad was showing with more than 25 characters. However I just paused that ad copy.

I have taken this to Google, but it seems they were not known of whats happening with it. Its been there since March 2009.
Have to see what Google's answer would be for this. Either they might be testing to increase ad copy character limit or a bug in Dynamic Keyword Insertion.

Thanks
A

No comments:

Post a Comment